SHEP Peer applications are now open! SHEP recruits for our entry level on a semester basis. Apply Today! Applications due Friday, March 24th.
Why join SHEP?
- Experience: you will gain valuable experience in public speaking, facilitating, teaching, and health education
- Knowledge: you will learn a lot about sexual health, and get to apply that knowledge as an intern
- Community service: you will provide an important service to your fellow Cal students
- Social interaction: you will get to know other peer educators who share your interest in sexual health
- Units: you can earn 2 units per semester
What are we looking for?
While you don’t need any previous knowledge about sexual health to be a SHEP Intern, a base level of sexual health knowledge is helpful. Our current interns represent majors ranging from public health to political science and MCB to math. We’re looking for the following qualities in our interns:
- Open mind
- Communication skills, including public speaking
- Willingness to learn
- Social media experience
- Sex positive attitude
Time Commitment: We ask for up to a semester-long commitment from peers. As a peer your regular time commitment will be approximately 6 – 8 hours a week. However, we need peers to have a strong dedication to SHEP, as they often have to deal with last-minute issues and crises that take more time than expected.
- Staff campus wide events (SHAW in Fall; NCW in Spring)
- Lead a chosen community through a series of sexual health education
- Staff outreaches as requested
- Perform Random Acts of Sexiness
- Assist with program and event planning as necessary
- Contribute to social media forums (writing blog, etc.)
For additional information review this exciting and informative power-point,SHEP Overview for Peer Recruitment.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please feel free to contact Robin Mills, Staff Coordinator, at email@example.com or (510) 642-3620.