Put it all in Poojan is back here with sexy help in exploring the wide range of external condoms. Let’s get the terminology out in the open. We here at SHEP do not use terms such as “traditional male condoms,” instead we use a more inclusive term “external condoms.” Plus it’s easier to remember this anyway because there are less words (external instead of traditional male) and more description (external = outside the body). You’re life’s different and more inclusive now!
External condom is a protective covering which has been engineered to catch and hold ejaculated semen during intercourse in order to minimize the threat of pregnancy and the spread of STIs. These should be used on penises, sex toys, or any other phallus shaped objects being used for intercourse.
Types of material an external condoms can be made out of:
- Latex – most commonly available and if used properly they can protect against both pregnancy and STIs.
- Polyurethane- made out of an alternative latex-free material for people with latex allergy. They are designed to protect against STDs and pregnancies, if used correctly.
- Polyisoprene – derived from a natural rubber, and used for people with latex allergy. Has better stretch than polyurethane, but they are not compatible with oil based lube.
- Natural – made out of animal membrane. If used properly, they are effective in protecting against pregnancies, but they are not designed for protection against STIs because of the natural pores in animal skin.
External condoms can vary in size, texture, thickness, color, and flavors but you should check their effectiveness before use. Here are a few types of them:
- Flavored condoms (mint, grape, banana, strawberry, bubblegum, chocolate, vanilla, bacon, cola, etc) – these are only for tasting/licking, not consumption.
- Glow in the dark condoms – even though it has a luminescent ring, it should not reduce the effectiveness of the condom.
- Studded or textured condoms – have little bulbs on the outside for greater pleasure.
- Warming/tingling pleasure condoms – tend to be made out of thinner late for greater sensation and are designed with a lubricant that heats up naturally during intercourse.
- Pleasure-shaped condoms – these have extra pouches/tips for greater friction during intercourss.
- Colored condoms – they have fun ones that are even colored as a country’s flag!
- Sensis condoms with QuikStrips – the quickstrips are like the peel off strips on a band-aid and can pull down the condom quickly and accurately.
- French ticklers – provides sensation of tickling in the inner walls or anus, vagina, or mouth. These are novelty condoms, meaning that they do not provide any protection against pregnancy or STIs.
- Edible condoms – these are novelty condoms which do not provide any protection against pregnancies or STIs but can be eaten!.
See ya later Sexy Bears!
Here is a picture of the Sensis condoms with a QuikStrip: